GmapToGPX is a bookmarklet that makes it possible to export your milermeter.com/gmap-pedometer.com routes as GPX tracks.
- Drag the following bookmarklet GmapToGPX to your browser toolbar
- Open a route on gmap-pedometer.com, here’s an example
- Wait for the map to load, then click the bookmarklet you dragged to the browser toolbar
- You’ll get a window with the GPX context, select all, copy and paste to a file (named .gpx or .txt) and load into your favorite GPX tool
- If you need to convert a GPX to a Garmin TCX, you can use www.gpsies.com
Thanks to the users who have pointed out that the GmapToGPX bookmarklet has stopped working. To fix this issue, delete your current bookmarklet and instead drag this one: GmapToGPX to your bookmarks bar.
The issue with the previous bookmarklet was simply that it referenced a URL in plain HTTP, and the milermeter.com site has been converted to use HTTPS for security,
Note that this utility had previously been kindly developed by a third party developer, and it seems this issue has been brought to his attention, but hasn’t been addressed. I’ll have this page up until further noticeRead more