UPDATE 9/18/18: Thanks to everyone who had reported that the recent changes broke this again, I have updated this post to fix the bookmarklet. You will need to get a new copy of the bookmark from one of the links below, the old one will not work correctly.
GmapToGPX is a bookmarklet that makes it possible to export your milermeter.com/gmap-pedometer.com routes as GPX tracks.
- Drag the following bookmarklet GmapToGPX to your browser toolbar
- Open a route on gmap-pedometer.com, here’s an example
- Wait for the map to load, then click the bookmarklet you dragged to the browser toolbar
- You’ll get a window with the GPX context, select all, copy and paste to a file (named .gpx or .txt) and load into your favorite GPX tool
- If you need to convert a GPX to a Garmin TCX, you can use www.gpsies.com
Thanks to the users who have pointed out that the GmapToGPX bookmarklet has stopped working. To fix this issue, delete your current bookmarklet and instead drag this one: GmapToGPX to your bookmarks bar.
The issue with the previous bookmarklet was simply that it referenced a URL in plain HTTP, and the milermeter.com site has been converted to use HTTPS for security,
Note that this utility had previously been kindly developed by a third party developer, and it seems this issue has been brought to his attention, but hasn’t been addressed. I’ll have this page up until further notice
UPDATE: I just created this video showing the process on Mac/Firefox: enjoy!
Milermeter tracker subscription information
Milermeter Tracker is 100% free with no locked features. If you wish to have an ad-free experience, you may purchase an auto-renewing subscription through an In-App Purchase.
• Subscription will auto-renew on an annual basis, at a rate of $4.99 per year
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew annually unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Milermeter terms of service
Please follow this link for the Milermeter Terms of ServiceRead more